Feinauer Commercial Lawyers Pty Ltd ATF the Viking Trust (Feinauer) is bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act), which sets out a number of principles concerning the privacy of individuals. Personal information is defined in the Privacy Act to mean any information or opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether the information or opinion is true or not and whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not. Personal information includes information such as your name, mailing address, telephone number and email address. Your personal information may include sensitive personal data, including your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious, philosophical or similar beliefs, trade union membership, physical or mental health, sexual life, commission of criminal offences and/or involvement in criminal proceedings.
The personal information we collect
We will only collect your personal information through this website that your internet service provider automatically provides to our web server, you send to us in an email message using the email facility of this website, you send to us when you sign up on this website for newsletters, events or the like, or you send to us via this website in the course of an application for employment.
How we use your personal information
We may use personal information collected from this website for the purposes of:
- providing you with legal services if you are or become a client,
- responding to and otherwise processing your requests and applications,
- conducting further searches and enquiries regarding the information you have provided to us or more generally to collect additional personal information about you or your associates for our regulatory or prudential purposes,
- monitoring and improving the performance and content of this website,
- analysing website usage and creating internal reports,
- contracting out some of our functions to external service providers and suppliers,
- maintaining, managing and developing our relationship with clients and potential clients,
- the organisation of events,
- developing and managing relationships with our employees, contractors and service providers,
- contacting you and delivering information (including marketing material) to you that you have requested or that we believe may interest you, such as administrative notices details of our services, publications, alerts and newsletters, updates on legal developments, seminar invitations, and communications relevant to your use of our website,
- complying with our legal and regulatory obligations, and
- to otherwise carry out our functions as professional legal service providers.
Where you have provided us with your contact details, we may send you information about legal developments or marketing material that we believe may interest you, including publications, alerts and newsletters and seminar invitations. We may use an email management system to automate the management and dispatch of that material. The email management system may insert tracking codes, which allows us to collect personal information about you, such as whether you received and opened an email, and whether you clicked through to any links to our website. If you do not wish to receive such material, please let us know. You can also unsubscribe by clicking on the ‘Unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of our email notifications and following the prompts or by emailing us by clicking the ‘Contact Us’ button.
Use of personal information for new, unanticipated uses
Accessing Your Personal Information
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to do so, please let us know. You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons. Feinauer reserves the right to charge a fee for searching for, and providing access to, your information on a per request basis.
Non-personally identifiable information
We may also collect the following non-personally identifiable information, including but not limited to IP address, browser type, version and language, operating system, pages viewed while browsing this website, page access times and referring website address. This collected information is used solely internally for the purpose of gauging visitor traffic, trends and delivering personalized content to you while you are at this website.